|MOBILE PASSPORT SERVICE (MPS)
In line with the President's and Secretary Romulo's policy of bringing consular service closer to the people, the Department of Foreign Affairs and its 19 Regional Consular Offices (RCO) are conducting mobile passport service on a regular basis
For its part, RCO Bacolod since 2009 has undertaken mobile passport service in the following cities/municipalities of Negros Occidental:
- Moises Padilla
- Bago City
- SM Mall, Bacolod City
- 888 Chinatown Square, Bacolod City
- Gaisano Mall, Bacolod City
- San Carlos City
- Kabankalan City
- Dumaguete City
- Bindoy, Negros Oriental
- Guihulngan, Negros Oriental
- Bayawan City
For Local Government Units (LGUs) who might be interested in sponsoring MPS in their respective cities/municipalities, below are the Guidelines on the conduct of MPS: DOWNLOAD GUIDELINES
REQUIREMENTS FOR MOBILE SERVICES:
- Only a local government unit (LGU) or a government agency (GA) could request the Department through the Office of the Consular Affairs or the concerned RCO for the conduct of mobile passport service.
- The requesting party must meet the desired quota of applicants to merit the conduct of such services. The maximum quota depends on the concerned RCO.
- The requesting party must give the activity the widest dissemination possible, through tri-media where possible, and must render all possible assistance to the mobile team.
- The requesting party must provide DFA with the peace and order assessment of the area where the mobile passport service will be held. It must also provide security services for the team.
- RCO must have prior approval from the Home Office before the conduct of the mobile passport service and secure an appropriate travel authority.
- The mobile passport services should be done on a weekend. However, if inevitable, it may be done on a working day provided that operations will not be hampered and/or disrupted.
- The mobile passport service must not exceed two (2) working days for RCOs.
- The requesting party must provide transportation from the RCO to the venue and back.
- The requesting party must shoulder the expenses of the team for the hotel accommodation, food and local transport.
- Security for the Mobile passport team is necessary at all times.
- The venue must:
- Be accessible to the public.
- Be suitable (large enough to accommodate the team and 100 applicants at any given time);
- Be well-ventilated and lighted;
- Have at least two telephone lines with NDD and fax;
- Have internet access; and
- Have electrical outlets for the cash register and computer.
- Passport Processing: The RCOs should be guided by the existing rules and regulations on passport issuance, specifically the Philippine Passport Act of 1996 and its IRR and other relevant Department Orders, Circulars and Memoranda. Personal appearance is a must for new applicants.
Passport fee is P 1200.00. Additional fee collected by the requesting party in connection with the Mobile Passport Service is not allowed.
DOWNLOAD MPS GUIDELINES
- For Lost valid passports: Waiver of the 15-day waiting period is not allowed.
- CEC Verification: all naturalization documents must be verified at the Home Office through OCA.